Sunday 9 April 2017

Baby Clothes Quilt!

Two years ago I spent a year living in the Netherlands.

It was an amazing year and I'm so glad I got to spend some time in such a beautiful country!

While I was there my manager (and friend) lent me her (unused) sewing machine and set me a task; she asked me to turn her daughter's baby clothes into a quilt.

It was a fairly epic task with lots of annoying stretchy fabric and it took me most of the year to complete but the result was awesome (if I do say so myself) and I definitely think it's one of the best things I have made to date...

The whole quilt (except the wadding) came from the clothes, including the binding, and I tried to keep a lot of pockets, buttons, zips and other details from the clothes. We also decided to make the quilt 'two-sided' with one side using a lot of the characters and being a bit more 'baby' and the other being a bit more grown up and fairly plain so that she could flip it as she gets older...

Here are some pics:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers