Sunday 2 April 2017

Jane Davies 'New England Houses'

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of joining the Gwent Quilters at a workshop run by Jane Davies who uses free machine embroidery quilting to create her 'New England Houses'

I can't seem to find any picture of her work online which is a real shame as it's really impressive!

I had never tried free machine embroidery before but I loved it (even if I got a bit shaky at times) here are some pictures of my efforts:




I had a great time at the workshop and discovering a new technique - I'm definitely inspired to add some more quilts to my 'things to make' list but maybe not so much 'New England houses' but maybe castles or haunted houses or maybe some Dutch houses... We'll see when I finally get round to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers