Saturday 22 April 2017

Baby Joe's foxy quilt!

I have a Pinterest board I share with my mum where we collect quilt inspiration, it's packed with all sorts of ideas that we want to try one day and when we are stuck for an idea it's the first place we look!

When a colleague of mine told me she was pregnant I knew I wanted to make her a baby quilt and my mind jumped to this beautiful fox quilt I had seen on Pinterest

http://redredcompletelyred.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/fifty-shades-of-fox.html

It was also pretty perfect as she wasn't going to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl but this quilt works well for both...

I think there is a pattern available but I just picked up some squared paper and got to work (as in my usual method - I don't tend to like following the instructions!)

This was my test fox (out of scraps) Which turned out better than expected:



And here is the finished quilt:




I also got the baby a toy fox (LOVE Jellycat toys):



Since I made this there has been a flurry of babies at work so I have at least 4 more baby quilts in progress which I will write about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers